What are cookies?
Cookies are small, often encrypted, text files, which are stored on your computer when you visit some websites. They are used to remember useful information which allows certain functionality within the website to work, for example remembering where you have reached within an order process, or if you’ve logged in to a site. Cookies can’t harm your computer.
For more information about cookies, please see the websites listed in the related links.
How long do cookies last?
Cookies last for different lengths of time depending on what they are used for. Session cookies are temporary cookies and are only stored until you leave the website or when you close your web browser. Persistent cookies last for a fixed period of time, defined within the cookie, and allow the website to recognise the device again when the user returns to that website on that device. Information about the duration of cookies used on www. tstech.co.uk will be published in the near future.
Who sets the cookie?
First party cookies – these are set by the website that you are visiting and can only be read by that website.
Third party cookies – these are set by an organisation other than owner of the website. This might be for the purposes of website measurement, being able to watch a video on the site or for the purposes of advertising.
Both first and third-party cookies are set on wjwhite.co.uk We will be publishing a list of these in the near future.
How cookies are used
These cookies are used to measure the performance of websites and see how websites are used. We use ‘Performance’ cookies to improve how the website works and measure our marketing activity. Information that is collected using these cookies are aggregated and anonymous and we are not able to identify individual users with these cookies.
On www.easternspectrum.com we may use ‘Performance’ cookies to:
1. Provide aggregated statistics on how our website is used.
2. See how effective our marketing activity is (we don’t use this information to target adverts to you when you visitother websites).
3. Provide feedback to partners that one of our visitors also visited their website. This lets our partners improve their website. We don’t allow our partners to reuse this information for further advertising.
4. Help us improve the website by measuring any errors that occur and also to improve the performance of the site.
5. Test different designs of page on our website.
Cookies we have defined as ‘Performance’ cookies will NOT be used to:
1. Gather information that could be used to target you with advertising on other websites.
2. Remember any preferences you have set beyond the current visit.